An Overview of the Python Programming Language
Python is a high-level, general-purpose programming language. It is dynamically-typed and garbage-collected.
Python is one of the easiest programming languages to learn and use. It is widely used in system administration, Web development, and machine learning and data science, among other things.
Although Python is an imperative language, it supports both object-oriented and functional programming styles.
Python is often described as a "batteries included" language due to its comprehensive standard library. In addition, there is a large ecosystem with a huge number of third-party libraries.
Python Main Features
- Python is a general purpose programming language.
- Python supports object-oriented and functional programming styles.
- Although Python is a dynamically typed language, it supports type annotations, which can be used for static type analysis.
- Python supports simple and clean literal syntax for collection types such as list, tuple, set, and dictionary.
- Functions in Python are first-class objects. Python supports higher-order functions.
- Python supports function decorators.
- Python now includes switch statement with structural pattern matching, as of Python 3.10.
Hello World in Python
More on Hello World in Python
If you are interested in finding out more about the Python programming language, then here's an explanation of the Hello World program in Python in a little more detail:
- Hello World (Python): Python Hello World - A quick explanation