Julia Mini Reference: A Quick Guide to the Modern Julia Programming Language
This book is available on Amazon Kindle for pre-order:
- Julia Mini Reference 2023
- Publication Date: June 14th, 2023
Learn Julia in a Weekend!
Julia is fast becoming the de-facto programming language for scientific and numerical computations. It won't be long before it becomes the language of choice in statistics, data science, and machine learning.
This book is a "mini" language reference on Julia. We go through all salient features of the Julia programming language (as of version 1.8+) in this book.
Although it is written as a reference, you can read it more or less from beginning to end and you should be able to get the overall picture of the Julia language (but not necessarily all the gory details) if you have some prior experience with programming in Julia, Python, R, or other similar languages.
The book covers
- Julia REPL.
- Julia module system.
- Variables, scopes.
- Basic types. Numbers, strings, arrays, tuples.
- Functions. Control structures.
- Custom types, constructors.
- Abstract types. Interfaces.
- Methods. Multiple dispatch.
- Async programming. Multithreading.