Java Mini Reference: A Quick Guide to the Modern Java Programming Language
This book is available on Amazon Kindle for pre-order:
- Java Mini Reference 2023
- Publication Date: May 10th, 2023
Learn Java in a Weekend!
This book is a "mini" language reference on Java. Java has been going through some big changes for the last few years. We go through all salient features of the modern Java programming language (as of Java 17 and later) in this book.
Although the book is written as a reference, you can read it more or less from beginning to end and you should be able to get the overall picture of the modern Java (but not necessarily all the gory details) if you have some prior experience with programming in Java or other similar languages like C++ or C#.
The book covers
- Java program execution model.
- Packages, modules.
- Literals, names, scopes.
- Primitive types. Reference types.
- Variables, type inferences. Generics.
- Classes, enums, record classes. Access control.
- Interfaces. Functional interfaces.
- Expressions, operators. Lambda expressions.
- Simple and compound statements.
- Exception handling.