Go Mini Reference: A Quick Guide to the Modern Go Programming Language
This book is available on Amazon Kindle for pre-order:
- Go Mini Reference 2022
- Publication Date: September 14th, 2022
Learn Golang in a Weekend!
This book is a "mini" language reference on Go. Go is one of the most powerful, and yet the simplest, modern programming languages. We go through all salient features of the modern Go programming language (as of 1.18 and 1.19), including generics.
Although the book is written as a reference, you can read it more or less from beginning to end and you should be able to get the overall picture of the Go language (but not necessarily all the gory details) if you have some prior experience with programming in Go or other similar C-style languages.
The book covers
- Go toolchain. Workspaces, modules.
- Go program execution model. Packages.
- Variable, constant declarations.
- Builtin types, builtin functions.
- Structs, interfaces. Generics.
- Functions, methods.
- Expressions and statements.